With our wealth of experience & as part of our service, we can offer advice on various aspects of your function to maximize the enjoyment. Did you know for instance?
- When booking a venue if you really want your night to be a success try and find one with the bar in the same room as the dancefloor. We have found that over the years all of the best functions have had this arrangement. A full compact function suite with the bar in the same room with all of your guests makes for a much better atmosphere than having the bar in a seperate room and having half in one room and half in the other. We have worked in many of the counties function rooms and will be able to recommend the better ones should you still be planning.
- Consider the hours of the venue, some can finish as early as 11.00pm whilst others (with prior notice) can go through to 1.00am or later. 12 o’clock finishes are generally best for weddings as guests tend to have had a very long day, much better to go out with a bang than fizzle out.
- If providing a playlist of songs or requests for a DJ please remember that not all songs are really suitable for dancing to and some can often kill a dancefloor. Allow the DJ to have the chance to use your chosen songs as a guide to the type of music you would like. The DJ will always make every effort to play the songs if suitable and will try to program them in at appropriate times throughout the function. You should try to choose songs that will have mass appeal to most of the guests at your function and that they are ones that will get people dancing and that these should not be based purely on personal taste (e.g. heavy metal rarely fills a dancefloor at a wedding).
- In our experience it is beneficial to issue tickets or invitations for your function with a 20 – 50% overflow dependent on your event type. With weddings of course this applies to the evening reception only. If you look at an average 75% attendance for a Wedding and 50 – 60% for a Birthday / Engagement Party.
- DJs get to meet many other professionals related with planning a function, these range from wedding cars, florists, balloon designers, photographers, caterers, singers, bands and comedians. We are always happy to pass on contact details if you require them.
- Don’t forget to enjoy yourself – It may seem silly but so many people are so concerned that everybody is enjoying themselves that they forget about themselves. Of course greet and chat with your guests but then let your hair down. After all those months of planning you deserve it.